About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

ROAST CHICKEN

I put the chicken in a roaster, smothered it in olive oil and butter, and covered it in Epicure's Roast Chicken Seasoning and Epicure's Poultry Seasoning. Then I added about 2-3 tsp. Epicure's Turkey Gravy (only available in the fall) and 1/2 c. water in the bottom of the roaster. Cook uncovered for about 2 hours at 325 F, basting every half hour. (Add more water if necessary.) Continue cooking until meat thermometer reads 185 F. To make gravy, simply drain off the liquid from the roaster, whisk in some flour, and simmer over medium heat for a few minutes.

You could use either of these seasonings on their own - I just opted to try them together for something different. I absolutely love the Roast Chicken Seasoning - it's one of my favourite Epicure spice blends.


0 comments:

Post a Comment