About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE

My kids love when I make Kraft Dinner Epicure-style (ie: I cook the macaroni, then use Epicure's Mac & Cheese to make the sauce instead of that dreadful neon orange packet of chemicals that we all grew up on.) This recipe is different though - it's your old-school Macaroni & Cheese, loaded with homemade cheese sauce and baked in the oven.  There's nothing but carbs and dairy in this meal (and a bit of onion, to cover the veggie food group!) but it's delicious.

2 tbsp. butter
1 onion, diced or grated (or just use 1-2 tbsp. Epicure's 3 Onion Dip Mix)
1/3 c. flour
3 c. milk
2 tsp. Epicure's Sweet & Spicy Mustard
3 c. cheddar cheese, grated (or use a variety of cheeses if you like)
10 c. cooked macaroni

While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large pot. Sauté onion for a few minutes, then add flour and cook for a minute. Slowly add milk, whisking to prevent lumps. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Add mustard, salt, and cheese (reserving some to sprinkle on top). Stir till cheese is melted, and then add the pasta. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.



0 comments:

Post a Comment