About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

EGGS BENEDICT WITH EASY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE

I found blender recipes for Hollandaise sauce, and oh my goodness, it is so simple to make! I jazzed it up with some Epicure products, but you could keep it simple or add your own favourite products, depending on your preference - any of these would be good: Smoked Spanish Paprika, Lemon Dilly, Harissa, or Chipotle Chili.

Fill a pot of water just a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer. Grease egg poachers with butter and crack an egg into each one. Place in the pot and cover, cooking for about 3-4 minutes. The water shouldn't be boiling - you just want it steaming and tiny bubbles coming up from the bottom.

Toast buns or English muffins in the toaster.

Place asparagus in the steamer and microwave for 2 minutes.

In a small pot (or use the microwave), melt 1/2 c. butter. While butter is melting, use a hand blender to beat three egg yolks in a small bowl until they lighten in colour and start to get frothy. Squeeze in the juice of 1/4 lemon, and add your seasonings. (I used Epicure's Fisherman's Wharf Sea Salt for a bit more lemony flavour, and Epicure's Sriracha Seasoning for a bit of kick!) Continue beating, and slowly add the melted butter. Use sauce immediately, or store in a bowl of warm water until you are ready to eat.

To assemble: Place a slice of ham and some steamed asparagus on top of the toasted bun. Top with a poached egg, plenty of Hollandaise sauce, and a pinch of Sriracha Seasoning.


0 comments:

Post a Comment