About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

PANINIS WITH BACON-WRAPPED PORK TENDERLOIN & GREMOLATA

I was inspired by Rachael Ray's recipe for Porchetta Tenderloin on Ciabatta, Muffaletta-Style, but I changed up almost everything and came up with my own version.

1-2 handfuls fresh parsley, chopped
8-10 cloves garlic, chopped
zest of 1 lemon (save juice for later)
1 tsp. Epicure's Cuban Seasoning
1 tsp. Epicure's Roast Chicken Seasoning
drizzle of olive oil
2 pork tenderloins
salt & pepper
10-12 bacon slices

To make the gremolata, combine first 6 ingredients. Season pork with salt & pepper, and cover with gremolata. Wrap with bacon slices and brown on all sides in a frying pan over medium-high heat. (The original recipe called for pancetta and you're supposed to tie up the tenderloin with kitchen twine. I used bacon and didn't tie it up, and most of the bacon came loose when I cooked it, so I would recommend using the kitchen twine or wrapping the bacon around tighter.) Transfer to a pre-heated oven (375 F) and continue cooking until pork reaches internal temperature of 160 F - about 30 minutes. (Rachael Ray said 140 F but that didn't seem hot enough to me.) Let it rest before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice to brighten the flavours before serving.

You can serve this on its own, or turn it into sandwiches or paninis. You'll need:

ciabatta buns
cheese (I used havarti.)
picked red onions (thinly slice half a red onion, and sprinkle with about 2 tsp. sugar, some salt, and 2-3 tbsp. lime juice. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.)
extra bacon (since most of the bacon fell off while cooking)

Place the sliced pork, bacon, and pickled onions on one half of the bun. Top with cheese, and grill in a panini press.
These were sooooooo good!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment