About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

PAD THAI

Who knew Pad Thai was so simple to make?

1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water
2 tbsp. peanut oil
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
a couple drops of sesame oil
450 g. pad thai rice noodles
300 g. raw shrimp
1 chicken breast, cubed
2 eggs
4 green onions, diced
1/3 c. peanuts, chopped (which I forgot)
250 g. bean sprouts
lime wedges
cilantro

Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Place noodles in a dish and pour hot water over them. Soak for 25-30 minutes and then drain. In a wok, heat some oil (I used peanut oil) and cook chicken and shrimp (you can do it in separate batches if you want).  Set aside and add a bit more oil to the wok if necessary. Add eggs and scramble for about 30 seconds, then add chicken and shrimp back to the wok. Add the noodles and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes. Toss in green onions, peanuts, bean sprouts, and ketchup mixture, stirring to coat. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
Forgot the peanuts, but it was still delicious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How would you make this peanut free?

Kathy Blais said...

Just leave out the peanuts and use a different kind of oil.

Post a Comment