About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Friday, August 29, 2014

MUSHROOM TOURTIÈRE

This is a variation of Quebec meat pie that we eat at my in-laws' all the time. I tossed in the mushrooms at the last minute because I had a few left in the fridge to use up -- I think you could easily hide other vegetables like grated carrot or zucchini or eggplant. This recipe should make two tourtières.  (I put 4 cups of filling into each one.) I often make one and put the rest of the filling in a freezer bag for next time.

2 onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 c. mushrooms, chopped
2 small potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. Epicure's Mild Spanish Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp. Epicure's Beef & Steak Seasoning
1 tsp. Epicure's Pumpkin Pie Spice
Epicure's Sea Salt
4 pie shells

In large frying pan, heat some oil and cook onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add meat and cook thoroughly. Meanwhile, put potatoes in an Epicure Silicone Steamer and microwave for 5-6 minutes. Drain meat if necessary, and add mushrooms and potatoes, cooking for a few more minutes. Combine flour and spices and sprinkle over meat mixture, stirring well. Put half the mixture into 2 pie shells, and cover them with the remaining 2 pie shells, pinching to seal the edges. Poke some holes in the top to release steam, and bake in the oven at 400 F for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 F and continue baking for 20-30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment