About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN WINGS

This if from my new Michael Smith cookbook, and it turned out perfectly! I adapted it slightly to use some of my Epicure products.

For the baked wings:
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. sea salt
lots of freshly ground pepper
4 eggs
24 chicken wings
1/2 c. cornstarch

For the sauce:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. vinegar
2 tbsp. Epicure's Sesame Ginger Dressing Seasoning
1 tbsp. Epicure's Sriracha Seasoning
1-2 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. cornstarch
Epicure's Sesame Crunch Topper
1 green onion, thinly sliced

Combine flour, baking powder, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in eggs. In a large bowl, coat chicken wings with cornstarch, and then add the egg mixture and stir to coat the wings. Place wings on a lined baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine first 7 ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan. Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a small dish until smooth, then add to the sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened. When wings are done, put them in a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Plate them and sprinkle with Sesame Crunch Topper and green onions.



0 comments:

Post a Comment