About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

CARROT SNACK CAKES WITH COCONUT LIME CREAM CHEESE ICING

My daycare kids were in for a treat today! I basically used this recipe, with some minor modifications. I doubled it and made 6 microwave mug cakes and 18 perfect petites. Here is the original (un-doubled) measurements:

1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. Epicure's Pumpkin Pie Spice (original recipe called for 1 tbsp. but 1/2 was enough)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. applesauce (instead of oil)
1/4 c. orange juice
1 carrot, grated (about 1/2c. or 2/3 c.)

Icing:
1/2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. Epicure's Sweet Coconut Lime Fruit Dip Mix
2 tsp. honey

Combine flours, sugar, spice, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, applesauce, and orange juice. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in carrot. Scoop into a greased ramekins and microwave for 2-4 minutes (start with 2 minutes and then check them and add more time if necessary). If using the Perfect Petites pan, grease each cavity and scoop in some batter. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.

For icing, combine all ingredients until smooth, then scoop onto the top of each little cake.


0 comments:

Post a Comment