About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Monday, September 8, 2014

ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP

This is a double batch. I hope it freezes well, cuz it made a LOT of soup!

2 tbsp. oil
2 c. carrots, chopped (about 5 carrots)
1 c. onion, diced (about 1 large onion)
1 c. celery, chopped (about 5 stalks)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
8-10 c. chicken broth (I used 2 - 900ml containers of chicken broth and then 2 c. water + 1 tbsp. Epicure's Chicken Bouillon Base)
salt & pepper
1 tbsp. Epicure's Marinara Sauce Mix
12 breakfast sausages
1 c. small pasta (alphabets or stars or ancini de pepe)
1 c. chopped baby spinach
optional: 4 more cups chicken broth (4 c. water + 2 tbsp. Epicure's Chicken Bouillon Base)

Heat oil in a large soup pot, and sauté vegetables until soft. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, remove casings from sausages and cut each sausage into 3-4 sections, rolling them into meatballs. Add to the broth and bring back to rolling boil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and Marinara seasoning. When meatballs are cooked, add pasta and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in chopped spinach.

I found that the pasta soaked up a lot of the liquid as it cooled on the stove, so I added 4 more cups of chicken broth. You could also use less pasta instead.



0 comments:

Post a Comment