About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

PORK TENDERLOIN WITH LEMON ROASTED VEGETABLES & BABA GANOUSH

1 small bag baby potatoes, quartered
1 zucchini, chopped
1 c. grape tomatoes
2 lemons, quartered
2 pork tenderloins
olive oil
Epicure's Baba Ganoush Seasoning
1 tbsp. tahini (optional)

Season pork with Baba Ganoush seasoning and refrigerate for a few hours. Toss veggies with olive oil and seasonings. Place vegetables and lemons in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Put in the oven at 400 F for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, heat a bit of oil in a frying pan and brown pork on all sides. Transfer to the roasting pan and lay on top of vegetables. Continue cooking in the oven for another 20-30 minutes, or until pork is cooked. (All the recipes I looked at online said it would take 15-20 minutes, but mine took way longer. Maybe I didn't brown it long enough in the frying pan first, or maybe my meat thermometer just doesn't work very well.) Remove pork from the pan and cover it with tinfoil to let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Continue cooking vegetables if necessary.

Use the roasted zucchini to make baba ganoush. Pick out the zucchini and put it in a bowl. Use one of the cooked lemon wedges and squeeze the juice over the zucchini, and add 2 tbsp. olive oil and tahini. Add some more Baba Ganoush seasoning if you like. Puree with a hand blender.

This was soooooo good!


0 comments:

Post a Comment