About Me

My photo
Need some kitchen inspiration? Try one of my recipes, or contact me to host your own Epicure Cooking Class. I've been an Independent Epicure Consultant since 2006 and I love sharing recipe ideas for these great products. Use the links at the side to sign up for my customer newsletter or to place an order online.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING TRIFLE

I used this recipe for sticky toffee pudding and baked it in my silicone muffin pan for individual puddings. They were so good I decided to make them again, but this time as a trifle with some salted caramel pudding.

STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING MUFFINS:
1 c. pitted dates, finely chopped
1 1/4 c. boiling water
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. + 1 tbsp. flour (not sure why you need the extra tablespoon, but just go with it)
1 tsp. baking powder

Soak dates in boiling water and baking soda. Set aside to cool.
Cream butter and sugar, and beat in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat together. Fold in the date mixture. Pour into greased muffin pan and bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.

CARAMEL SAUCE:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 c. brown sugar

Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Cook for about 8 minutes or until it thickens.

SALTED CARAMEL PUDDING:
2 c. milk
1 packet Epicure's Salted Caramel Pudding Mix

Beat together for 2 minutes and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Stir well before serving.

WHIPPED CREAM:
2 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat together till it forms stiff peaks.

TRIFLE:
In a large bowl or 9x13" dish, layer the pudding, whipped cream, chopped up muffins, and caramel sauce. Repeat. Top with a final layer of whipped cream and sprinkle with Skor bits.


0 comments:

Post a Comment